Geoff Welsh wrote:
So, my mom, has an "upstairs Mac" and "downstairs Mac" both set-up for SeaMonkey to
"get messages" from the same @gmail.com  address.

They both retrieve all the same messages every day (for years now), to help her
remember things, and save her the precariousness of carrying a computer up or
down stairs.

Today she tells me the downstairs Mac didn't get any of the messages that the
upstairs one did.

Did Google change something or was this a glitch in the matrix today, Sat Aug
22, 2020?

I set up both Mac machines exactly the same, about four years ago....don't
really recall all that much about it....100% of the time it is not a Mac or SM
problem. IME....so I figure somebody else should have experienced this.

I have time later to do testing, but figured I'd ask first.

Anyone?
GW

It could be something not within your control, perhaps related to this issue:

Can’t send something on Gmail? If so then you’re in good company, ever since
about midnight ET, people have been complaining about issues connecting to many
of the G suite services, but especially Gmail.

(copied from https://www.engadget.com/gmail-is-down-053821685.html)