Daniel wrote:
Samuel S wrote on 27/09/2020 9:23 PM:
RicklesP wrote:
Samuel S wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 9/25/20 9:42 AM, Samuel S wrote:
Hello - did the calendar go away, I cannot find it or have I missed something in the update?

Can anyone assist me in this?

TIA - bo1953

By go away meaning?

1) You don't have Events & Tasks in the Menu bar.
2) You don't see it in the Add-ons Manager.
3) Have Events & Tasks in the Menu bar, but didn't select it and then select Calendar.
4) Other

You may want to peruse the Known Issues section in the release notes on Lightning and other distributed extensions not appearing.

<https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.4/>

Walt - it is #1 and #3.

I did look at 'Known Issues' and did not see any reference there unless it was glaring right at me and I could not see it... which is possible, for sure.

TIA - bo1953
Bo1953, try this:
*-in the browser, type in the address bar: 'about:config' & see the tab contents change to a list of text lines
*-in the search frame above the listings, copy/paste this setting name:

'extensions.installedDistroAddon.{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}' and press 'Enter'
*-in the tab, see only a line which begins with what you searched for
*-right-click on that entry, and select 'Reset' from the menu
*-open the Mail window, verify 'Events and Tasks' menu item is visible
*-Click on Events and Tasks, then select 'Calendar' from the menu
*-Verify the calendar appears in a new tab in the Mail window

Since the first release where Lightning was included be default, I occasionally have issues when installing a newer version of SM, where the extension checker plugin doesn't like Lightning so wants to disable/remove it.  When I reset that setting, all is well again.

RicklesP,

Thank you for the recommendation.

That line of code does not exist (that I can find) in my system, so this has left me perplexed.

Shall I re-install SM?

TIA - bo1953

(picking the first of your four replies ...) In SeaMonkey, select Tools -> Add-on Manager and, in the left hand column of that screen, select 'Extensions'

Is Chatzilla showing?? Is it enabled (i.e. is the Disable button showing)??

Daniel,

Yes, chatzilla is showing and enabled.

Thank you - bo1953