Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote on 9/30/2020 10:46 AM:
flyguy wrote:
Nuno Silva wrote on 9/29/2020 2:29 AM:
On 2020-09-28, flyguy wrote:

Lemuel Johnson wrote on 9/28/2020 8:46 AM:
On 9/28/2020 9:47 AM, flyguy wrote:
The "hamburger" menu and looking-glass search icon at the top left
of the front page (nytimes.com) stopped working in the last few
days; also missing from the top of the front page on the right side
is the "play the crossword" button and the Log In button. All these
items appear and work in Chrome. What's going on?

The hamburger appears for me all the time. I can make the others
appear (or not) by changing the width of my browser window.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.3

The hamburger appears for me, but does not produce the menu when I
click on it. Changing the width of the window does not make the "play
the crossword" button and the "Log In" button work.

I'm using 2.49.4. Perhaps I should update to 2.53.3?

I don't know the cause, but while the hamburger menu does nothing in
2.49.4 or 2.49.5, it does work with 2.53.3.

It's worse than I thought: clicking an article link takes me to the article, but at the bottom, the "read comments" button is missing, along with dozens of pictures, links, and contact information. I don't Seamonkey has changed, as I'm using the same 2.49.4, and my wife is experiencing the same issue on her computer, also running 2.94.4, so apparently the NY Times has changed in the last week or so; Chrome, however, is handling the NY Times change just fine. I'll try updating, and hope that fixes the problem.

The level you are using (as am I, don't ask) is 25 months old.
You need to move on eventually.

Right indeed! I backed up the profile, updated to 2.53.4, and it's all good again. Thanks, Lemuel, Nuno, and Don. Without the automatic updates, I lost the habit of updating.