SeaMonkey Support List

Today a box came up where the program was running a script.  A SeaMonkey browser window was not even open.  I have the Email program setup where, below the list of email messages in my inbox, the highlighted one appears partially in a box below with a grey area in between with the contact addresses.  After hitting "Stop Script," the script kept running to where I could not read the message already highlighted or highlight a new one.  I could not even switch folders.  This is version 2.53.3 on this Windows 7. Probably my Catalina has that version too.  I would not know how to update the program on that one.  Why is it all of a sudden running scripts?  During the last two weeks I have had to shut down the program, and the computer over these freezes.  I would clean out my temporary files and restart the computer, in time to only have to do this again.  On Catalina it does not behave this way.

Louis