meagain wrote:
-------- Original Message --------
I had to reset my Windows 10 installation. That was a bad idea. It essentially deleted all of my programs. I'm adding back the ones I need but I can't seem to get SeaMonkey set as the Default Mail program so Libre Office and Foxit PDF reader (and probably other applications) can't sent mail.

I gone into the Default applications and Windows offers SeaMonkey as one of the mail options so I set it. It doesn't work. I suspect I need to do something more.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Google says, Change default programs in Windows 10

     On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps.
     Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app.

    You may want your . pdf files, or email, or music to automatically  open using an app other than the one provided by M$.
Unfortunately that doesn't work. I can select SeaMonkey but it doesn't set it and I get error messages saying no email is installed. I want LibreOffice and some other apps that have a mail to function to open SeaMonkey mail.