Hi All,

This is a quick specific mention for version 2.49.5.

There are no updates to this version.  There are updates to 2.49.4.
Just none to 2.49.5.  Users hoping to update to this
version will need to update manually.

Why?

Because 2.49.5 was a difficult version (at least for me) to release
as I hadn't gotten any new release process set properly.  I hadn't
even (still haven't,  really) gotten the whole release automation
working, so IanN and FRG had to manually do that build.

So while I had uploaded the binaries, I had forgotten the updates.
While the Linux and mac updates can still be uploaded (they hadn't
been clobbered),  the windows versions need to be regenerated.
That is my fault, and I do apologize.  It is inconvenient,
especially when I'll have the update system set up properly;
but what's done is done.

Given that regenerating the whole shebang would be difficult(
the build environment requirements are not the same as that
for the latest versions),  it wouldn't be a very efficient
use of a very limited resource group.

If and when the release automation is done and can be set
to use different build environments (a very complicated
task...  imo), I don't quite see it being done.

So, that said, if you are planning to update to 2.49.5,
please do so manually.

Edmund