I've been using the user-agent switching feature of the PrefBar extension for years, as there are several sites I visit regularly which no longer play well with SeaMonkey.

I know PrefBar hasn't been updated in several years, but it continued to work fine up through SeaMonkey v2.49.5.

Yesterday, I cautiously updated SeaMonkey on one of my computers to v2.53.5.1. PrefBar continued to work. However, today I upgraded a second computer to v2.53.5.1 and the PrefBar buttons have now disappeared. Clicking on "Customize" on the PrefBar gives the usual pop-up listing "available items" and "enabled items" but the lists are empty. I am unable to find where the PrefBar settings are stored.

Both of these computers are running Windows 10 Pro v20H2, and I was careful to follow the instructions at
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.5.1/
for upgrading from v2.49.5.

Searching for alternate add-ons to edit the user-agent string finds several, but all of them say they are only for Firefox, not SeaMonkey. I found additional add-ons for SeaMonkey at https://addons.thunderbird.net but that page hasn't been updated for any version of SeaMonkey beyond 2.49.5.

I would like to continue to use SeaMonkey, but this problem may force me to switch to Firefox and start using Thunderbird for email and news.

Thanks in advance for any forthcoming assistance!

John
--
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.