I have the same issue since a while, and already had opened a thread
here with the title 'Seamonkey Mail keeps asking for master password',
but got now reply on it.

In the past we could define a timer/timeout somewhere in the
preferences, which 'logs out' the password manager. This logged out the
browser only after x minutes, but Mail remained logged into the password
manager the entire session. Unfortunately, I can not find this setting
back in preferences. I had it set to 5 minutes, and it still works
correct on browser side, but it logs out Mail too now, and the setting
apparently vanished. One still can manually log out the browser manually
in the Extra menu (not sure about proper English menu names).

Can anybody find this setting in the Preferences?