There was nothing special in these versions. Did you have a master password set? Check your profile if you find cert9.db and key4.db. cert8.db and key3.db are the old versions and should not be there. There might also be a pkcs11.txt and secmod.db which are old.

Close SeaMonkey and move them all out of the profile folder.

Copy cert9.db and key4.db from your Firefox profile and you should be good.
If 2.49 profile copy cert8.db and key3.db but they need to have no master password. Might work or not otherwise. If it works delete the old cert8.db and key3.db if they are still there after creation of cert9.db and key4.db.

FRG

Dr.J.Elz-Fianda wrote:
hello experts,
At first I upgraded from 2.53.3 to 2.53.5.1 – all my passwords are lost.
Then I triesd to re-install version 2.53.3 again.
Now I installed Version 2.53.6 but no chance, the passwords are lost.

Is there any chance to get them again ?
Whats abut importing my passwords from FireFox ot from an earlier Version 2.49.* running on my notebook ?
?
thanks for help
Jochen from Germany

Edmund Wong schrieb:
Greetings,

The SeaMonkey Project is pleased to announce the release of SeaMonkey
2.53.6.

So please check out [1] or [2].

Thanks to all involved.

Edmund

PS: Yeah, somewhat a canned message.  Currently in the middle of a bunch
of things while doing release, so my apologies.

Links:
[1] - http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.53.6
[2] - http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.6/