David E. Ross wrote:
Would it be possible to get a list showing what Webextensions and newly
internal SeaMonkey features are available that are equivalent to the old
xul extensions?  I am still with SeaMonkey 2.49.5 because I have some 28
extensions that I either really like or else truly depend upon.

I don't have a list.

What you could do is to install 2.53 to a separate directory (e.g., c:\Program Files\Mozilla\Seamonkey-25.3 and then launch with a separate profile (not your main profile). Then install the extensions you want to verify.

Although I do it on a test machine, I do exactly this, with a beta of 2.53 (2.53.7 right now) as well as an alpha of 2.57 (and I also have the latest betas of Firefox and Thunderbird). Besides having a general idea of feature set changes that are coming, one of the useful things with having the betas is in tracking what's working or not with extensions.

Personally, I have 25+ extensions installed. Only the first dozen or so are ones that I consider to be essential. The only ones that I've found that don't work in 2.53.6 are AdBlock Plus (and I found uBlock Origin to be an acceptable substitute), and Duplicate This Tab (which was never well supported, anyway).

Smith