mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:

I think I recall seeing something relatively recently about one of the newer versions of SeaMonkey changing the default UA string - or maybe I imagined that! (An extra Firefox-only option was added in the preferences dialog, so perhaps that's what I'm thinking of?)

no...@nonospam.org wrote:
Where is the setting for this Firefox-only option in the
preferences dialog?

Edit > Preferences > Advanced > HTTP Networking > User Agent String
There are 3 options:
* Identify as Firefox
* Identify as SeaMonkey
* Identify as SeaMonkey and advertise Firefox compatibility

The "Identify as Firefox" option was added relatively recently, I think in SeaMonkey 2.53. Before that there was just a single checkbox for "Advertise Firefox compatibility" to switch between what are now the 2nd and 3rd options.

--
Mark.