> Dave Hooper schrieb:
> > This is true and I am assisting with the release.  I'm sorting out some
> > final things and hopefully the release will be this Friday.   The weird
> > thing is I'm almost completely sure that the "cannot find main class"
bug
> > was fixed already in the latest (0.3.9.1-1) release, I've certainly not
been
> > able to reproduce it here (also Win2000)
>
> Neither can I (Win 98 and ME) that is really weird. But as
> -cp/-classpath option does not work for all Java's we have to try to fix
> it via the CLASSPATH variable.

Well, as you know, that fix is already IN.

> :-) You are suspecting me of not using the latest code? :-)

:-)  Stranger things have happened :-)   I take it the 0.3.9.1-2 (shhh!)
release uses MY freenet.exe and not your weird one?  :-)

> Actually, I think what we should do is the following:
>
> 1) I lost the updated source code of config.dll due to hd crash, so we
> need to continue from what we have in CVS
>    (Dave would you provide a updated and noncrashing config.dll to CVS
> if you haven't done it already?)

Egads!   No I will not.

What I'm doing currently is getting freenet.exe fixed up straight.  Compiled
without optimisations it seems to work ok with the 'crashing' version of
config.dll.
This gives us two options:
1 >   The new release *MUST* instead fall back to using the java
configurator instead, for the moment (sorry).  Therefore the new installer
must *DELETE* any traces of config.dll in the intended installation
directory
or
2 >   The new release uses the binary config.dll (the so-called "crashing"
one) and we cross our fingers and hope it works with the new freenet.exe
(that I am about to check in to CVS right now!)

There is *NO* option 3 , "Use the existing config.dll", because it is too
incomplete to be of much use.  Sorry.  So, personally, guess what, I'd go
for option 1.

> 2) Put out a new release on Friday, with what we have in CVS right now
> (I changed e.g. some small things in cfgclient and yes, they are in CVS
> :-).

:-)  Glad to hear it :-)

> 3) I am sorry but there will be no pre-release testing this way, but it

Already has been some! :)

> can't get worse at the moment, so we should just push out something ASAP
> and see if the number of complaints decreases.
> 4) After that release, the very next thing we do is fixing Javafind

Yeh, that can wait.

I'll announce what I've done to freenet on the devl list, when I check the
code into CVS.

Dave