Hi all,

I'm having some problems getting started with freenet. I have set up a
server with Debian GNU/Linux "Woody", and downloaded the latest snapshot of
freenet. I've the run ./update.sh.

The first time it runs, it will create the storage file and it _seems_ to be
doing well. That is. I'm unable to fetch anything. When  I start it again,
it bails out with the error below.

I've tried the packaged version for Debial Linux, but it seems to have
similar problems.  It will only run the first time it's started.

=================== START SCREENDUMP ===========================
jgaa@freedom:~/freenet/freenet-run$ ./start-freenet.sh
usage: kaffe [-options] class
Options are:
        -help                   Print this message
        -version                Print version number
        -ss <size>              Maximum native stack size
        -mx <size>              Maximum heap size
        -ms <size>              Initial heap size
        -as <size>              Heap increment
        -classpath <path>       Set classpath
        -verify *               Verify all bytecode
        -verifyremote *         Verify bytecode loaded from network
        -noverify               Do not verify any bytecode
        -D<property>=<value>    Set a property
        -verbosegc              Print message during garbage collection
        -noclassgc              Disable class garbage collection
        -v, -verbose            Be verbose
        -verbosejit             Print message during JIT code generation
        -verbosemem             Print detailed memory allocation statistics
        -nodeadlock             Disable deadlock detection
        -prof                   Enable profiling of Java methods
        -debug *                Trace method calls
        -noasyncgc *            Do not garbage collect asynchronously
        -cs, -checksource *     Check source against class files
        -oss <size> *           Maximum java stack size
        -jar                    Executable is a JAR
  * Option currently ignored.
jgaa@freedom:~/freenet/freenet-run$ freenet.fs.dir.DirectoryException:
cannot delete an active ticket
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:38)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:24)
        at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:21)
        at
freenet.fs.dir.DirectoryException.<init>(DirectoryException.java:9)
        at freenet.fs.dir.TicketManager.delete(TicketManager.java:95)
        at freenet.fs.dir.FSDirectory.delete(FSDirectory.java:378)
        at freenet.fs.dir.SharedDirectory.delete(SharedDirectory.java:56)
        at freenet.fs.dir.FSDataObjectStore.flush(FSDataObjectStore.java:38)
        at
freenet.node.rt.DataObjectRoutingStore.checkpoint(DataObjectRoutingStore.jav
a:49)
        at freenet.node.Main.main(Main.java:485)

jgaa@freedom:~/freenet/freenet-run$
=======================END SCREENDUMP ==================================

Btw, - the log is filled with entries like this:
30-Jun-02 3:47:03 AM (freenet.node.rt.DataObjectRoutingStore, main): bad
reference while resolving: 0x0 : d1d585f4b776ecc9667c1701a654ca01bf146134
freenet.node.BadReferenceException: NodeReference self signature check
failed.
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:38)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:24)
        at
freenet.node.BadReferenceException.<init>(BadReferenceException.java:12)
        at freenet.node.NodeReference.<init>(NodeReference.java:178)
        at freenet.node.NodeReference.<init>(NodeReference.java:69)
        at
freenet.node.rt.DataObjectRoutingMemory.<init>(DataObjectRoutingMemory.java:
40)
        at
freenet.node.rt.DataObjectRoutingStore.getNode(DataObjectRoutingStore.java:1
32)
        at
freenet.node.rt.DataObjectRoutingStore.putNode(DataObjectRoutingStore.java:1
59)
        at
freenet.node.rt.TreeRoutingTable.reference(TreeRoutingTable.java:56)
        at
freenet.node.rt.FilterRoutingTable.reference(FilterRoutingTable.java:38)
        at freenet.node.Main.seedRoutingTable(Main.java:1152)
        at freenet.node.Main.main(Main.java:412)
30-Jun-02 3:47:04 AM (freenet.node.rt.DataObjectRoutingStore, main): bad
reference while resolving: 0x0 : a59cba0357535c75c914b6e75a4bdb0634c22c5f

Jarle
--
Jarle Aase                      email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Author of freeware.             http://www.jgaa.com

War FTP Daemon:     http://www.warftp.org
War FTP Daemon FAQ: http://www.warftp.org/faq/warfaq.htm
Jgaa's PGP key:     http://war.jgaa.com/pgp

NB: If you reply to this message, please include all relevant
information from the conversation in your reply. Thanks.

<<< no need to argue - just kill'em all! >>>