I am totally new to Freenet. I have a FreeBSD and a Win2K machine.
Just to get me started I installed Freenet on my Windows Machine.

How can I start helping out the project?
I have 1600/384 connection. Currently I run the freenet client 4 to 8
hours per day, but don't see anything happening in the log. Will the log
show external connections?

How can others take advantage of when I have the client running?
I will later try to get Freenet as a service on my win2k, but in the mean
time is there anything I can do so my machine can help Freenet?

Also I am behind a firewall, which I control, and upon installation I
noticed the FNP(?) port was 16920 so I changed my firewall to pass this
port to the win2k machine. Any other port I need to open?

How active is the doc list. I have some thoughts for the docs, but don't
know if I should join the doc list first or if I should compile all my
suggestions and then join the doc. Currently the docs seem too basic and
in need of improvement.