I've uploaded the monolithic installer incase anyone actually uses that
horrific thing (actually, an amazingly large amount of the freenet installs
have been the monolithic installer)

Anyways, the new installer is up, with no changes over the last monolithic
installer (0.5.0.4-2).
Hmm - I don't think I ever officially said what was changed in 0.5.0.4-2
over 0.5.0.4-1. The config program now has localhost and mp3-delete
protection built in. Both systems should be greatly improved, right now both
protections take effect when the OK button is clicked to write out the
config. Quick and dirty? Yes. Works? Also yes.

I'm looking at my freenet installer todo list and trying to prioritize it to
get something effective done this weekend (actually, probably only 8 hours
on friday). Is there anything on this list people would like to expound on?
Anything you think I need to do ASAP (is now a good time to remind everyone
that the nodeconfig program is just about the first non-console program I've
ever touched? :)

Anyways - My list of things to do (similar to this email, I often don't make
any sense):

* make it so that nodeconf can change every option

* have nodeconf just edit the config in place (effectively, have it treat
%'s and not have to be manually rewritten)

* build in search for fproxy.*, nodeinfo.*, and nodestatus.* so that we can
save those options if any

* fix import/export ref on bunny

* popup window when # of threads is changed to equal 0

* make windows installer using windows installer.

* have pathfind buttons on nodeconfig/normal work

* debug proxies for blocked port 80 on install (it has code to detect them!)

* create directories inside of directories  in createthread.c (freenet.exe)

* add 2k/xp directory security preferences on temp directory

* Popup window when nodeconfig is trying to get references

* find out why new installs always use same port (which changes)

* allow selection of java's if don't want first one found out of the
registry

* get rid of having to manually modify 7 different strings to change the
release directories & start menu folder

* have nodeconfig popup a window when using an invalid ip address
(192.168.*.*, 10.*.*.*, phlemball.aol)

* rewrite in c++ so I don't have to deal with java sh*t.

* automatically register dyndns if they don't have it already (until arks)
(freenetnode.com would probably be setup fairly easily)

* add messagebox before stopping the node when updating snapshot

* add update option on systray app

* allow for negative # of threads (add checkbox. Give big warning when set
since FastThreadFactory = evil)

* fix the file naming of freenet-webinstall.exe to
freenet-webinstall-{$VER}.exe

* do documentation changes on freenetproject.org faq and readme to make sure
everything makes sense (unlike this todo item)

* Anything else?

-Mathew