From: "Matthew Toseland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 3:49 PM
Subject: Re: [freenet-support] Keep up the good work, but ...

Great job, freenet is getting much better.  However, fproxy access for non
localhost addresses is still slow if you are running a busy permanent node.
Non-localhost addresses? LAN addresses, you mean, e.g.
10.x.x.x
192.168.x.x
etc?
Or do you mean you are trying to access the node over the internet? In
this case, I recommend you use an SSL wrapper program, you get
encryption and the node sees local connections. Oh, and set
publicNode=true in your freenet.conf, if other people can access it,
this disables some potentially damaging pages.