In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Greg Wooledge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Roger Hayter ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

I have a permanent node which has managed to contact a
group of seed nodes about 500 times after 130000 trials.
I would imagine something is wrong with your computer, firewall,
network, Java VM, freenet.conf, etc.  Here's what I've got on a
non-transient build-535 node with Sun Java 1.4.1_01 on Linux 2.4.18
after two weeks:

Number of node references: 49
Contacted node references: 46
Backed off node references: 3
Total Trials: 642128
Total Successes: 391024
Implementation: freenet.node.rt.CPAlgoRoutingTable

This is not to say that it's totally impossible you've found a Freenet
bug.  But I'd suspect a configuration error is more likely.

I am not thinking of it as a bug, more a result of prioritisation of activity. While all the things you mention could be at fault, this behaviour has varied widely with build number (currently 627), I have changed nothing (well, apart from ...). The only distinctive feature is that it is a very slow computer (P70). I just wondered if anyone had any clues as to how I could give it more time to hear answers, by throttling some other activity for instance.

--
Roger Hayter