Hi.

Thanks for all the input, i have got, regarding this issue. I think, the problem is because i'm behind a firewall, when i'm not at home. Because when i'm at home, i can access my node through my local network, vith my public ip. Så, what i did, was set up at ssh tunnel, and now i can access my node, from anywere (I hope)

Sincerley
Heine Laursen

Edgar Friendly wrote:

Greg Wooledge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

mainport.port=8888
mainport.bindAddress=*
mainport.allowedHosts=127.0.0.1,192.168.2.1,192.168.2.2,192.168.2.4,192.168.2.20

$ netstat -ant | grep 8888
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8888 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN tcp 0 0 192.168.2.4:8888 192.168.2.2:2524 ESTABLISHED [...]

If you're using a firewall (iptables) then make sure you aren't blocking
incoming packets on the mainport port.

FWIW, I've recently rewritten the handling of allowedHosts parameters
for both FCP and generic servlets, so that one can now use x.x.x.x/y
notation for specifying subnets. This has the effect of making the
allowedHosts code even more IPv4 dependent, but increases its
usefulness by a decent amount.

quick review of what bindAddress and allowedHosts do:

allowedHosts: when a connection hits the node, the incoming address is
checked against the values in allowedHosts, and if it's not listed,
then the connection is refused. A blank allowedHosts or a value of
"*" results in all connections being allowed (this is internally
converted to 0.0.0.0/0)

bindAddress: for the node to listen on a TCP socket, that socket has
to be bound to an interface. (i.e. loopback, eth0, eth1, etc.) Each
interface has a address associated with it (its IP address), so that
address is used to represent the interface when the socket is created.
It's also possible to listen on all interfaces by specifying a null
address to bind to.
So if you want fred to only listen to local requests, you can
1) set allowedHosts to filter out requests coming from non-local
addresses, so that requests coming from other places are rejected
by fred

OR

2) set bindAddress to 127.0.0.1 (the loopback interface's address),
which results in only local connections being able to find the
socket in the first place.

Hope that clears things up for at least one person,
Thelema