[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,

I just discovered and installed Freenet on my home W2K machine, but am having trouble getting it to work. When I try to connect to the Freedom Engine, Freenet Forever, or Cruft on the Freenet Web Interface, I get the error message " The request couldn't even make it off of your node. Try again, perhaps with the GPL <http://127.0.0.1:8888/CHK@hdXaxkwZ9rA8-SidT0AN-bniQlgPAwI,XdCDmBuGsd-ulqbLnZ8v%7Ew> to help your node learn about others." Using the GPL gives the same message. I believe I have not configured my personal NAT firewall forwarding correctly, but am not sure. Perhaps you can help. Let me know what info you need.
My linux box is listning on the following connections:
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:8481 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
355/java
tcp 0 0 192.168.0.1:8888 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
355/java
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:10137 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
355/java
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8891 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

So it seems like you have to open the following tcp connections: 10137 and 8891
Try doing a netstat in a command prompt in your windows and see if you also got the following ports open!
Sincerley

Heine Laursen

Thanks,
Byron Gibson