Good, I just hit the limit (13gig datastorage or so).

/N

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Dave Hooper
Sent: den 27 januari 2003 11:22
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [freenet-support] JVM max-mem and the freenet.exe launcher

> Is there any way to get freenet.exe to launch fred with -XmxXXX? Could

> I do something in flaunch.ini maybe.

No.  Not yet!  I'll make this change because I think it's been suggested
in the past and as the Windows user base increases it's becoming more
important to improve the end-user experience (which includes tinkerers
and developers!).  I'll add a few new keys to flaunch.ini to make this
possible:

javaexec=j:\sun\java\bin\jre1.4.1.0\java.exe
jflags=-abc -def -ghi
java=javaexec

and augment freenet.exe to pass the flags to the jvm.

This also opens up the possibility of choosing (at runtime, rather than
install time) an alternative JVM (great for developers, maybe redundant
for most end users but still potentially useful), by specifying, e.g.

javaexec=j:\sun\java\bin\jre1.4.1.0\java.exe
javaexec2=j:\sun\java\bin\jre1.4.1.0\javaw.exe
javaexec3=j:\kaffe\bin\java.exe
jflags=-abc -def -ghi
jflags2=-console -ghi
jflags3=--whatever
java=javaexec2

I'll also add a configuration dialog to freenet.exe to support choosing
a JVM from the list and specifying the appropriate flags for *that* JVM
(This also gives a better interface to specifying jvm-specific flags.)

I might leave it to the windows installer maintainers to popuplate the
list of jvms (javaexec/javaexec2/javaexec3/...) in flaunch.ini rather
than having to duplicate code and make freenet.exe search for installed
jvms.