So Dave, if I set the HTL to, say 4000 the next time I get a page that I can't access, and just leave it to complete, will that mean that my list of learned nodes will be increased by 4000 ?

John

The seednodes file is only needed when you start freenet the first time. After that it will load the nodes that it has learned. You'll only need it again if your routingtables become corrupted. Dave

Daily, when I download the most recent unstable build (to overwrite freenet.jar), should I also be downloading and overwriting the seednodes.ref file?