> I'm not seeing this but now that the world seems to have "discovered" my
node,
> my JVM keeps dying with out-of-memory and NULL pointer exceptions.  I
still
> have plenty of (virtual) memory left, so something else must be serving as
> "cap" on the memory that java can get.
>
> This might be a java tuning parameter or a kernel setting (I'm using
FreeBSD
> 4.9-STABLE), but if anybody has any clues I'm appreciate it.  My current
> solution of "shutting down freenet every time it happens and restarting
it"
> is getting old fast especially since that's getting to be about every hour
> now.

OOM:s usually causes NPE:s as a side effect. To allow java to use more
memory spawn your node with something like 'java -Xmx256M XXXXXX'. Depending
on which JVM version you are running the default maximum amount of memory
the JVM will use is either 64 or 128 megs which is usually too little memory
for a popular node to work well.

/N