Hi All,

Longtime listener, first-time caller :)

I have two questions, both of which seem to tie in to other issues which
have been expressed on the Support list before. I hope my queries are
not interpreted as repetitious; I wouldn't be asking them if I'd seen
accurate answers.

Question 1:

When I point my Macintosh (using Safari) at freenetproject.org, I am
redirected to http://de-co.info/freenet/ which is the Japanese Freenet
page. My Windows and FreeBSD machines, at the same IP address, wind up
at the normal English Freenet page. I have seen this issue raised before
on this list with no resolution. I see no reason that Mac users should
be getting forwarded to the Japanese page.

My suspicion is that freenetproject.org is redirecting based upon the
User-Agent HTTP header. FYI, the affected User-Agent string is:
"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/85.7 (KHTML,
like Gecko) Safari/85.5" I suspect there is something within that
User-Agent that triggers the "Hey, this must be a Japanese user"
redirect.  It needs to be fixed ASAP.

Question 2:

My node's load has recently been skyrocketing. It seems to be stuck at
100% load constantly, with a huge send queue. There have been a couple
of threads on the list regarding this phenomenon.  Here's what I'm
seeing, using build 5032 on Win2k:

Node Version 0.5
Protocol Version 1.47
Build Number 5032
CVS Revision 1.90.2.50.2.58
Uptime 2 hours 18 minutes
Connections open (Inbound/Outbound/Limit)  384 (166/218/512)
Connections transferring (Transmitting/Receiving)  330 (287/43)
Data waiting to be transfered  138 MiB
Total amount of data transferred  194 MiB

In this example, I have done precisely zero with Freenet, aside from
start it up and let it run. After 2 hours uptime I've transferred nearly
200MB and have almost that much data queued to send. My store is 10GB,
which I trim manually, it's now at 61% used with 13695 keys. It has hit
98+% repeatedly, at which point I manually delete older files (the
procedure being stop Freenet, delete the oldest files in the store,
restart Freenet).

The reason I do manual trimming of my store is that I've noticed the
larger the store, the more frequently/the faster my node gets
overwhelmed. Is it just me?

-s