Hi Gene, welcome to freenet, the error you are currently seeing 'should'
be a rare one, but with issues on the network it's a tad more common,
but looking at the information you posted it's not actually a network
related issue so lets look at the most important part of the post as I
see it
<snip>
>Attempts were made to contact 0 nodes.
>
>    * 0 were totally unreachable.
>    * 0 restarted.
>    * 0 cleanly rejected.
</snip>

Your node didn't even try to connect to the network, it could be one of
these reasons
1)your behind a firewall and not allowing freenet to communicate with
the network
2)You haven't got any seedrefs

Try downloading http://www.freenetproject.org/snapshots/seednodes.ref
into your freenet directory and restarting your node.

Get back to us if that doesn't work and we'll see what else we can
suggest.

Pete

---