On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 02:42:19 +0000, Toad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was attempting to fix the problem of there being no stable seednodes
that actually work. In other words, any new nodes (unless installed by
someone who knows what they are doing) will immediately fail, not talk
to any other nodes, and give no semblance of working. As opposed to the
usual behaviour of connecting to a few nodes and still not working :).
http://freenetproject.org/snapshots/seednodes.ref now contains several
stable noderefs, so if your stable node needs reseeding, you should be
able to do it. New nodes should be able to connect to several other
nodes and therefore become part of the network. As this will have
prevented new users from using freenet at all, it seemed to be a fairly
high priority.

I recently had my IP changed, and after that I experienced Freenet (which was perfectly usuable from my node before) acted worse. I thought I could fix it by reseeding ..

.. and that was a major mistake. Now Freenet is, for all purposes, dead here. I cannot even get the bookmarks of the web interface.

So - stable nodes with a working network might want to export their seeds so that the rest of us can join in again :) I guess the situation I ended up with now is the same as for new nodes - and as Toad pointed out - that needs to be fixed ASAP.

regards,
Troed

--
http://troed.se - controversial views or common sense?