-----Original Message-----
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:29:38 +0000
> From: Toad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [freenet-support] Old Freenet
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 06:04:17PM +0000, Andrew Dickson wrote:
>> Let's face it, freenet was working brilliantly this
>> time last year... Content was slow, but it was
>> accessible. At the moment freenet is dead in the
>> water.

> The unstable network on the other hand is working pretty well. We should
> be merging the code in the next week or so, however the unstable network
> *is* rather small (100 nodes or so). Anyone who is willing to provide
> bug reports and upgrade their nodes daily should try the unstable branch
> however.
>>
>> Why is the stable network not reverting back to the
>> older code until these new bugs are ironed out?

Actually I have wondered a great deal about this myself. Why did Freenet
break in the first place and - assuming that it happened through an error
introduced by an update about a year ago - why wasn't the stable version
reverted to the last working version, so we could have avoided paralyzing
the entire net for a year? Even if the fix is allmost ready for the big
launch, the other issues would be interesting to know about, just for
historical reasons.

Regards,
Jesper