This is not a problem with freenet. I might be a JVM bug.. Maybe it has
something to do with IPv6/IPv4 interfaces or something, do you have any
IPv6 interfaces?

Read here to see that this can happen wheter or not freenet is involved.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.devel.java/2866

And read here to see that we too have encountered the problem before and
to learn the workaround I suggested at that time (please verify if it
works).
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.support/1196

Regards
/N