[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

Where do I get the JRE update to 1.4.2_03 ? I have 1.4.1_03, and it runs out of memory.

At http://java.sun.com if it runs very fast out of memory look again into freenet.ini and search for "threadFactory=", change this into

threadFactory=Y

also search for "tfAbsoluteMaxThreads=" and set this to something lower,
for ex. to 300:

tfAbsoluteMaxThreads=300

Remember, you have to remove the "%" in front of settings you change or
they will be ignored.

If you have enough memory in your system you can also open flaunch.ini
and change the line "JavaMem=default" to something like

JavaMem=256M (this allowes Freenet to use 256 MB of memory instead of
              the default of 128 MB)

I run my permanent node with a maximum of 200 threads and 196 MB memory and it works for ~24 hours before I have to restart it to avoid that it runs out of memory (I'm using Win2k). Sadly it seems that Java needs more memory when used on windows.

Thanks for the help

Greets someone