will running the freenet node over extended periods of time increase the
reliability of the cached seed nodes.  I seem to be in a very unstable
part of the network and I can only seem to get like a 1% success rate on
accesses.  The majority of attempt restart at some stage and other nodes
just totally decline.

If just keeping the node running won't increase reliability is there
another method or utility I can use to find more reliable 'uplink nodes'?

Or is there somethiing I can do in configuration to make things more
tolerant and increases the chances of successfully retries data under
specified keys?