On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:15:57 +1100, Craig Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear Freenet,

:)

potentially use Freenet to transmit files. We are keen to adapt or create a lightweight client, preferably an applet, that can talk to Freenet seed nodes and post files. We are familiar with the

What you are asking is for us noderunners to open upp our Freenet via an API (FCP) for external use. People might be reluctant to do that, since ISPs might not understand that "hosting" Freenet-content for external users is done in the name of Freedom - they might just consider your open port a source for ... *that dreaded word about illegal pictures of you-know-what* and shut down your Internet access.

Thus, I'm not sure how many willing participans you'd find. I guess a second layer at the node could be installed that tried to filter out only your content for external users, but, than I'm starting to wonder what the point of using Freenet for this would be at all.

regards,
Troed - not an official Freenet spokesperson in any way - but considered quite knowledgeable about privacy.

--
http://troed.se - controversial views or common sense?