On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 11:20:41AM -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 April 2004 10:53, Toad wrote:
> > I assume you are using the stable branch? What build? Have you upgraded
> > to 5077? And please show me the top few lines from
> > http://127.0.0.1:8888/servlet/nodestatus/nodestatus.html
>
> I'm running 5076. What's new in 5077?

A very very long list of changes - some very important bugfixes, some
fairly major architectural changes (now the routing table is larger than
the connected nodes rather than being smaller - this should definitely
help you...), etc etc. I announced it a few days ago.

> Number of node references
> 32

That's bad. What's your rtMaxNodes set to? Are you running some crippled
operating system that forces us to limit it unnecessarily e.g. Windows 98?

> Attempted to contact node references
> 29

Fair enough.

> Contacted node references
> 26

Ditto.

> Connections with Successful Transfers
> 20

Ditto.

> Backed off nodes
> 21

Not unexpected. You need more connections. Upgrading to 5077 is probably
going to help you significantly.

> Connection Attempts
> 11520
>

> Successful Connections
> 8522
>

> Lowest max estimated search time
> 0ms

Curious.

> Lowest max estimated DNF time
> 0ms

Very curious.

> Lowest global search time estimate
> 38402ms
>

> Highest global search time estimate
> 69109ms
>

> Lowest global transfer rate estimate
> 4,441 bytes/second
>

> Highest global transfer rate estimate
> 7,402 bytes/second

All 4 of these are reasonable.

> Lowest one hop probability of DNF
> 0.96
>

> Highest one hop probability of DNF
> 0.97

These are depressing. Upgrade to 5077.

> Lowest one hop probability of transfer failure
> 0.2
>

> Highest one hop probability of transfer failure
> 0.24

Not too good...