Now that we have let off the steam, did anyone ever really try to answer this nice person's questions to her satisfaction?

Sorry about stirring up the hornet's nest, but I do get tired of some insisting everyone should throw away
all their hard- and soft ware and get with the ONLY worthy system.  Yeah, I like to play with my Linux installation, but when I just want to get some WORK done I use what I've found to does the job in this lifetime.  Even though I have at least two machine running most of the time and one of them is seldom attached to the net and never networked with the one running Freenet, my infestation problems are rarely significant.
Would someone step me through setting up Norton Internet Security Professional properly? I'm not entirely sure how to:

1) Find the IP address of my NAT or Firewall.

The FAQ says to consult my manual but I can't find this information.

2) Configure your NAT or firewall to forward connections to the listenPort number that you noted in the previous step, to the same port on your computer.

I tried some things that seemed to work but I just want to make sure I'm doing it exactly right and not letting more than I need to through my firewall.

Thanks.