Toad wrote:

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 08:50:55AM +0200, Garb wrote:

Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:55:53 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [freenet-support] RE: start-problems
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I installed from Portage, and I was
amazed at how well it handled the install.
I especially liked the pre-made init script...

Yes, it works really well. And the default Blackdown JAVA-install works
right out of the box too, eliminating the need for messing aroud with SUN
JRE. I've had Freenet running on several distros, but Gentoo is definitely
the easiest one to work with.

Blackdown works well with Freenet? I heard one bad report...

I had a few crashes and then switched to Sun's JDK. Other than that, Blackdown was fine :P

Kudos to the people who integrated Freenet into the Portage tree. Those guys
did a very fine job.

How did you know to change the paths to /var/freenet and so on?

In the ebuild you can see where it wants everything to go....
Cat /usr/portage/net-p2p/freenet/freenet-0.5.2.1-r8.ebuild