On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 02:00:28PM +0100, Weiliang Zhang wrote:
> Florian Streck wrote:
> >On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 01:30:57PM +0100, Weiliang Zhang wrote:
> >
> >>Saw the port 8891 in freenet.conf only today.... What are distribution
> >>servlets used for? My nodes seems to be running ok with this port
> >>firewalled.
> >

> >As it seems it is used for the "Distribution Pages" (click on the link
> >"Spread Freenet" in the Web-Interface). This spreads a freenet-zip with
> >your personal seednodes. So not all people start with the same
> >seednodes. This should make the net better connected I think.
>
> I have activated the distribution port and the allowHosts is the
> default, i.e. everyone. However, when I clicked "Spread Freenet" I got a
> blank page with only one line that says: "Error". Any ideas?

Normally that means that you tried to admin it from another machine when
you haven't created any pages yet. You have to create distribution
servlet pages from localhost; then once you have created them you can
access them from anywhere, with the right URL, which it will provide.
The idea here is that only somebody you've invited can see your dist
servlet.