Message: 3
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 20:54:35 +0000 (UTC)
From: Wayne McDougall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [freenet-support] Re: Freenet Expectations]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> ...The government in New Zealand has decided
> that 256/256 is the highest broadband speed
> that our telecom monomoply needs to make
> available to competitors. :-(

> ...128/128 is the fastest connection available
> domestically without a monthly bandwidth cap...

Wow Wayne! What a nightmarish situation. Bandwidth capping? 128/128? You
guys need to do some serious political work in order to get rid of that
monopoly. We had a similar situation here (Denmark), but luckily the telecom
monopoly was removed in the mid nineties before the internet took off for
real.

Btw. cant you get internet feed from cable- and/or electricity-companies as
well? That would create some competition.

Regards,