On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 16:00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm not sure where your 'village' is but here it works much
> the same way actually.  But the problem is that there is no
> machine that can just tell us what your intent was.  So what
> your intent was has to be inferred from your actions and your
> knowledge.  The fact is that everyone knows there lots of
> illegal stuff floating around freenet, and one can simply
> not avoid responsibility for a crime by deliberately ignoring
> what is obvious.

> So even though you didn't want to transmit kiddy porn you
> made the choice to run a freenet node fully aware that it
> could and would result in KP being distributed.  That right
> there is enough to establish intent.

Ok, suppose most users of freenet decide to unite against
kiddie porn by using TFE, YOYO, etc., to learn as many KP keys as
possible, and delete these keys from their datastores and patch freenet
so it won't carry them.    Now even so, some KP will be distributed, but
only so long as the keys are unknown to the general population of
freenet users.  Now what do you say about intent?