Well, phillip, see my other post for your remarks, but I would wanna say
specifically one thing:

"* I don't like <person> (frequently Ian)"

Isn't true. I NEVER contend it's the person, as individual, that I dislike,
I dislike the actions and decisions a person takes, because it leads, and
has lead, to a virtual standstill in end-user usuability. Now, even that on
itself isn't that bad, because people make mistakes, but when one continues
for two years, it does become a question of when it is going to sink in that
maybe there is need to change things.

Your defence of it being fast, is just the sort of non-reality check I'm
pointing at. Dude, how many people do you think have the ability of getting
a connection like that? It's not realistic to extrapolate your situation to
others, which are in a vast majority WAY less equiped and experience enough
problems just getting it running (see posts of noobs on slashdot or even on
the maillists).

Maybe you haven't been hanging around long enough to remember, but I was one
of the first people that suggested a  new testnetwork which could seriously
help in the development time in pinpointing problems...and yes, I've said
that several times, so you can call that whining, if you want, but it IS in
fact, a suggestion and an alternative - which some selectively remembering
dudes claim I never do or did - and a good one at that, because there was a
time we (at least Toad) agreed to it too. Do you here about it any longer?
Well, no, it's been put back in the freezer because it was prefered to play
with simulations that, as yet, didn't fullfill their promises neither.

Ah man, all this shite about I don't contribute anything valuable is so
lame.  That what gets incorporated is forgotten (like augmenting the htl a
year ago), and that what I propose in vain and hasn't been implemented is
deemed to be mere talk, because it hasn't proven itself. Well, duh.

Certainly, I have become increasingly sarcastic, but it shows a lack of
understanding if you fail to see what is the cause of it. When you entered
the scene a year ago, when freenet was plunged into it's worst non-working
period ever, then you might have a sense that it has progressed a lot -
well, it hasn't. Not in the end-users viewpoint, anyway. Maybe for a coder,
like toad, things are different: he codes, sees the code change, implements
new things, so, in his perspective, things have become better...but IMHO,
that counts for not much, if the enduser can't benefit from it. That's not
putting a blame on the hard work of Toad, or saying 'I don't like <toad>',
as you seem to think, it's just the way it is.