I think those were all good comments (though not mentionned for the first
time ;-). Some of them I have proposed years ago, but...well...it somehow
never amounts to anything. The problem with all these proposals is, that
someone actually has to implement it. That seldom happens. I dunno
why...natural inertia, perhaps. Or just busy with coding or something. It's
a bit like the finance/sponsor-page I was going to make; all thought it was
a good idea, but at the end, it didn't happen, but it can't be said that's
my fault; the Higher Gods had a change of mind. Ah well, at least we're
shown the total income, so my whining helped a bit in improving things :-).

I think your suggestions are wortwhile, but I don't see much reaction, as
yet. I'm wondering what Ian or Toad thinks of it. With a bit luck, they will
give an elaborate response (not impossible, seen the pleasant surprise that
Ian made a thoughtful response on my post about tor/freenet - even though he
said he would never read anything of me again ;-). I was very pleasantly
surprised, I must say. And I'm curious about any further response people
might give to your post as well.

As for the mirror; I used to make and distribute a SCIP on the wiki, but I
stopped it because of the constantly changing builds that didn't talk with
earlier builds. It was a bit too labor intensive for me. Irony is, that now
the build hasn't changed in quite a while ;-). Anyway, I could, I guess,
place something similar on the site, but someone else would have to maintain
it. And preferably work with that freecaching-system, because the wiki can't
handle mass-d/l of big amounts of data. (Not that it's likely to happen, if
the normal site is accesable - exept maybe in case of a slashdot). But a
real mirror wouldn't be a bad idea, indeed.

thanks for your input, sonax.