On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 17:02 +0000, Toad wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 04:36:13PM +0000, Ben Golding wrote:
> > Doesn't storing decrypted data on disk break the "deniability" property
> > of Freenet, which is important for freedom of speech?
>
> I'd have to check what the current behaviour is... I think we use
> temporary file buckets and don't encrypt them, in fproxy, at present...
> We should fix this, obviously.

Another check on next minor release IMHO useful would be
 delete all file stored in cleartext BOTH when shutting
 down the node and when starting it.
I mean all file in store/temp and the dir store/temp
 itself (to clean temo filenames)
Another useful addition would be an config option to
 clean all clearinfo places: client-download (both
 content and dir), that can be used by others if the node is an
 http gateway (has the fproxy port public), logfile
 that from time to time can contain keynames in weird
 messages or other internal information as stacktraces.
Doing this with a simple wiping algoritm (fill with
 zero before deletion) would be another good thing.

JM2C.   Marco

--

"Oggi e' il domani di cui ci dovevamo preoccupare ieri."