I just updated to the latest release (5100) and it seemed to work just great. In fact, it was a whole lot faster than the previous releases have been. But, then, it all went right down the drain. I often tail -f the logfiles, just to watch threads backtrace left and right. But then this little gem showed up:

==> /var/freenet/freenet.stderr.log <==
JVMDG217: Dump Handler is Processing a Signal - Please Wait.
JVMDG303: JVM Requesting Java core file

==> /var/freenet/freenet.log <==
Jan 23, 2005 1:03:13 PM (freenet.node.QueueManager, Keep-alive message sender, NORMAL): Last ran queue 10281 ms ago

==> /var/freenet/freenet.stderr.log <==
JVMDG304: Java core file written to /tmp/javacore.20050123.130303.3969.txt
JVMDG215: Dump Handler has Processed Exception Signal 8.

The java process had died completely - all open connections to FRED hung indefinitely (kill -KILL is my friend :) )
I figured it might be a fluke and tried again, but a few hours later it happened again.

The named file has almost a half a megabyte of debugging information. Two questions:
1) Should I gzip this file and post it to this list to help the programmers?
2) Could this file possibly have any information in it which may compromise my node (DSA keys and the like) and how/what should I remove?

Thanks,
Steven