In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> I haven't watched the lists for some weeks now (I was on a longer
>> business related trip). So my question: Do you still plan on switching
>> the whole network over to UDP based transfers?
>
>Yes, although we may implement a TCP based transport as an alternative.
>Nextgens seemed to be interested in that (but he had no time to do it).
>Would all users who would be compelled to leave the network if they
>can't use it over TCP please reply to this message.

I'd have a problem with it because while am able to throttle freenet's TCP
traffic with reasonable success, I am absolutely ignorant of how to do it
with UDP protocols.  Also, I'm not certain, but I believe that my router /
firewall and local server will combine to be a problem to passing on and
throttling UDP traffic.  Un-Throttled is totally UN-Good.

I have to be able to vary speed from as low as 512bytes / second (when
bandwidth is needed temporarily for something else) to 60Kilobytes / second
(or higher) when there is no other demand on the local network.