On 8/26/05, Dylan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> wanting to install freenet, but i can't seem to.. i can run the initial config
> script, and that works, but when it runs it produces the following errors.
> Please note I changed the script to run the command gij instead of java. the
> error is the same, but when I used the java command it also said it didn't
> understand the command line options and what ignoring them. I have CentOS 4.1
> which is basically redhat enterprise 4 latest, and Sun 1.4.2 is included as a
> package.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] freenet]$ ./start-freenet.sh
> Detected freenet-ext.jar
> Detected freenet.jar
> Sun java detected.
> Sun Java 1.4.2 detected.
> Starting Freenet now: Command line: gij -Xmx128m -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=128m
> freenet.node.Main
> Done
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] freenet]$ os.arch = i686
> Attempting to load freenet/support/CPUInformation/libjcpuid-x86-linux.so
> Written to /tmp/jcpuidufujtqlib.tmp: 55692
> INFO: Native CPUID library
> 'freenet/support/CPUInformation/libjcpuid-x86-linux.so' loaded from resource
> INFO: Optimized native BigInteger library
> 'net/i2p/util/libjbigi-linux-athlon.so' loaded from resource
> Caught java.lang.Error: Not implemented
> java.lang.Error: Not implemented
>    at java.nio.channels.FileChannelImpl.tryLock(long, long, boolean)
> (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
>    at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.tryLock() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
>    at freenet.node.Node.init(freenet.config.Params) (Unknown Source)
>    at freenet.node.Main.main(java.lang.String[]) (Unknown Source)

The current Freenet uses java.nio methods.  GCJ doesn't have a
complete implementation of nio.  The 0.7 rewrite of Freenet will
hopefully avoid using nio thereby allowing people to use GCJ and other
free JVMs.

For now, I suggest using Sun's jvm for running Freenet.

--
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the
death, your right to say it. - Voltaire