I have tried upgrading Java 4.2 to 5 but that did not help. Now I have installed Java 4.1 but same error "Could not find the Main Class" keeps popping up when Freenet.exe createconfig command is executed.

From: Bob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: support@freenetproject.org
Subject: [freenet-support] Re: "Could not find the Main class" error
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:07:53 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Q. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
> I had problem installing Freenet because it will fail to download software
> during installation. Matthew helped me with that so I copied some of the
> software it was having difficulty with in the installation directory but now
> at the end of the installation I get the following error: "Java Virtual
> Machine Launcher: Could Not Find the Main Class. Program will exit." BUt the > program continues its installation and is installed but whenever I try to > start the program I get the above mentioend JVM Launcher error. I upgraded
> my JVM to the latest thinking that it was perhaps my JVM error.
> Thanks,
> Jim

Hmm, odd. The most likely cause is a corrupt freenet.jar, try comparing the
sizes / re-downloading it. Or you are trying to use 0.7's alpha jar which IIRC has a different main class, but this would be hard to do by accident since they
aren't even hosted on freenetproject.org :)

Failing that, what does the end of freenet.log say when this happens?

Bob