I've recently upgraded to the latest version of Freenet (5105). The
Java VM I'm using is 1.4.2_07-b05. Should there be any improvement if
I upgraded it to a newer version?

Furthermore... If I want to be more restrictive about allowing
java*.exe to access the internet, do I just copy java.exe and
javaw.exe to another location (perhaps Freenet folder), adjust the
corresponding lines in FLaunch.ini to point to the new location:
JavaExec=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\bin\java.exe
Javaw=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\bin\javaw.exe

...and only allow the java*.exe in the new location to access the
internet (instead of allowing it for the default C:\Program
Files...java)?