On 12/13/05, Gan Uesli Starling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to get Freenet going on NetBSD and
> having problems. Am writing a howto as I go, so
> whatever my mistake is you should find it there.
>
> http://69.51.152.43/darknets/#GUS-3-4
>
> (That is a rough draft, served on my home PC. When
> it is done I'll post it someplace where GOOGLE can
> find it. So please don't critique the prose part.
> That is all just 1st draft. I'll probably re-write
> most of it.)
>
> Freenet appears to start and run. I can get the
> main list of links. But not a single one of those
> links will display even after letting it run for
> 24 hours.
>
> Whoever can diagnose my problem, tell me and I will
> correct the howto. If I like Freenet well enough, I'll
> dedicate a spare PC to run it full time.
>
> Thanks,

In the Advanced> Open Connections page, do you have any inbound or
outbound connections?  If you have outbound but no inbound then your
ports are not forwarded correctly.  If you have no connections, then
stop your node and download a new seednodes.ref into your freenet
directory and restart your node.

If you have connections, then open the TFE link and let it retry for
an hour or so until it comes up.  If you still can't get even TFE to
load then something is wrong...

That's about all the advice I can offer.

P.S.  I would recommend you amend your howto to include downloading
the latest seednodes.ref because the one included in
freenet-stable-latest.tgz is 3 weeks old and counting...

--
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the
death, your right to say it. - Voltaire