Yuk Hui wrote:
Hi,
I tried the freenet software in your website for a whole day, but so far I can't go to any single freesite, the speed is very very slow, almost the worst p2p application I have ever used. Can you tell me how to make it better? Regards,
Yuk

0a. Don't panic!
0b. Keep node running as long as possible.
1a. Don't panic!
1b. It helps to have frost ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/jtcfrost ) running with Automatically Refresh Boards turned on.
2a. Don't panic!
2b. Set your datastore to at least a few Gibibytes.
3a. Don't panic!
3b. Realise that the aim of freenet is anonymity and resistance to censorship, not speed of downloads.
4a. Don't panic!
4b. Realise that freenet isn't actually that slow, but rather high latency
network.

Hope this helps.

--
Hi! I am a .SIG virus! Copy me to your SIG so that I can spread!