On 4/29/06, vinyl1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Joseph Terranova said:

"Linksys routers have a nasty flaw: they keep track of all connections for
days. So if you're using something that has a lot of connections, such as p2p or
freenet, it bonks fairly quickly. You might want to try looking for an alternative
open-source firmware for it that fixes the problem.

Well, that certainly doesn't sound good.  But while I'm a fan of open-source, I
think mixing it with old hardware might lead to even more difficulties.

I'd rather look into D-Link,  Netgear and Belkin.  What is everyone using?
What model works well with Freenet in a home environment?

I'm using a Linksys box just fine with Freenet 0.7; 0.7 has far fewer
connections and no churn.

I had it working with 0.5 ages ago, I think I just turned down max
connections and bandwidth available in the freenet config.  It would
reset occasionally, but as long as everything used static ip, not
dhcp, that wasn't a huge issue most of the time.

HTH

Evan