Florian Hädrich wrote:
Hello everybody

I tried to setup freenet under Win98SE (I´d installed the newest verions of
Java and Mozilla Firefox before. The following problems occurs: After the
setup is finished, the browser does not open (there is only a black window
like a dos window for about a second open). I tried to enter the following
adress to my browser: Http://127.0.0.1:8888 an the error occours: "Server
not found". Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Florian

If i'm not mistaken The Developers stopped supporting 98 a little while back... and unfortunately i don't know enough to help you out.

I can recommend another operating system (i'm not being an asshole, but trying to help as much as i can).

Is this your own computer and can you actually chose to install a different OS
on it?
Are there programmes that you need that must run under Windows/DOS?

I would advise to go with Ubuntu (free and gratis) or XPCorp (proprietary and costly). Ubuntu definitely works rather well with Freenet (that's the setup that i have now) and there are many people who'd happily walk you through what-ever problems you might have (especially if you ask politely, which seems to be the case... q;-D ). I had Freenet running on 2k3 also, it worked rather well.

P.S. It's also not very clear if you are talking about 0,7 (new freenet) or 0,5
(old network).

--
Hi! I am a .SIG virus! Copy me to your SIG so that I can spread!

http://freedom.libsyn.com/         Voice of Freedom, Radical Podcast
http://www.whengendarmesleeps.org/ When Gendarme Sleeps, Anarchy's Zine of
Poetry