Maybe it's a firewall/NAT issue?

I actually have no idea if I'm behind a firewall/NAT or not I'm afraid.
I'm connected to the net via a home broadband connection which goes
into an ADSL ethernet modem, to an Airport (wireless) base station, to
my laptop. Some people have told me "your base station is not a
firewall" and others have told me "your base station acts as a
firewall". That's why I have no idea if I'm behind a firewall or not.
In the Sharing system preferences panel I have the firewall (which is a
software one on my machine I think) turned off, and there are no
firewall settings turned on or off on the base station that I'm aware
of.

So whether the base station is causing me to not be able to connect to
http://127.0.0.1:8888/wizard/ I'm not sure. Freenet's help docs are not
helping. Assuming the base station is acting as a firewall/NAT, here
<http://freenetproject.org/faq.html#firewall> it says:

> How do I get freenet working with a Firewall/NAT?
> Configure your NAT or firewall to forward connections to the
> node.listenPort number (You can find it in a file called freenet.ini
> in the freenet folder), to the same port on your computer (you will
> probably need to know your computer's  internal IP address which will
> often begin with 192.168.x.x). Remember that freenet 0.7 uses UDP.

There is no such information in the freenet.ini file from what I can
tell. This is what that file looks like:

node.updater.enabled=true
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:///
Applications/Freenet/plugins/Librarian.jar;[EMAIL PROTECTED]:///
Applications/Freenet/plugins/UPnP.jar;[EMAIL PROTECTED]:///
Applications/Freenet/plugins/
JSTUN.jar;[EMAIL PROTECTED]:///Applications/
Freenet/plugins/MDNSDiscovery.jar;
fproxy.enabled=true
fproxy.port=8888
fcp.enabled=true
fcp.port=9481
console.enabled=true
console.port=2323
fproxy.enabled=true
fproxy.port=8888
fcp.enabled=true
fcp.port=9481
console.enabled=true
console.port=2323

Any help / suggestions as to why it's not possible for me to access
http://127.0.0.1:8888/wizard/ would be much appreciated.

Ben.