Thank you, Volodya (and Matthew).  What actually happened was that Freenet created a new Firefox profile, with (to me, at least) a very strange set of color and menu preferences (e.g., no Tools), and then Firefox saved that as the new default.  I was tired at the time, and distracted by the fact that it insisted on installing Google Toolbar, which I didn't want.

Running "firefox.exe -ProfileManager" has permitted me to restore my original profile, and I can access my node fine via < http://127.0.0.1:8888/>.

At 03:48 AM 4/25/2008, Volodya Mozhenkov wrote:

Freenet now installs an extra copy of Firefox for convinience purposes. It doesn't depend on it, so you can safely reinstall you normal Firefox. To access freenet go to http://localhost:8888/ at any of the web browsers on your machine.

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email
Security System.

=
Jim Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

_______________________________________________
Support mailing list
[email protected]
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.support
Unsubscribe at http://emu.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support
Or mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to